COVID-19 Studio Protocols, Procedures, & Operating Plans for the 20-21 School Season
Studio Operating Plans: At this time All Studios will be operating under Operation Plan A
All plans are subject to change based on CDC & State Regulations and Guidelines.
Plan A –“In Studio” – We will be offering “In studio” classes operating at 50% capacity. We have staggered all class times and will be following all CDC & state-regulated guidelines. We will also have a virtual option available via Zoom to students who do not feel comfortable attending class in person or if they have underlining health conditions. Please note, virtual classes are not automatically offered studio wide and you must pre-register. You can register for virtual classes by emailing the office at email@example.com
Plan B- Hybrid – If our capacity were to be reduced below 25% by state mandate, the studio would need to enter into the hybrid plan. All affected classes will be split in half (half virtual, half in-studio) to follow the new capacity level per classroom and help slow the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, we would divide the students by groups each week with one group attending class in-studio. The second will either be split within the studio or at home on Zoom (Depending on the Studio). The student groups will be rotated each week.
Please Note: We have the appropriate equipment for all classes split within the studio. In those classrooms, we will be setting up our large projector screens and live feed to their appropriate classes. We will also be rotating the students each week so everyone will be able to take class with the teacher in person. If you are unable to attend class for any reason, you must notify the office as soon as possible.
Plan C- Full Virtual – In the event of a State Mandated Shut Down, we will switch to full virtual classes. All weekly class schedules would remain the same studio-wide unless the size of the class changes. All classes would be fully virtual using the platform Zoom and attendance would be taken for each class. If we were to go back to full virtual and your child is unable to participate, refunds will be available as per COVID-19 Refund Policy.
COVID-19 Refund Policy – In the event of a state-mandated shut down due to COVID-19 during the 20-21 School Season (9-10-20 thru 6-5-21), this policy will be available to families whose students are unable to participate in virtual classes. Pro-Rated refunds will be available and are based on the number of classes attended as of the first of each month. A confirmed written notice must be submitted to the KC Office to be eligible for a refund using this policy. This policy is only available if the studio is using Plan C, all other Operating Plans will be subject to our normal refund policy as per our Parent Handbook.
Studio Closure due to Positive Case: In the event of a positive case of COVID-19, we will be closing all affected studio locations for a 24hr extreme deep cleanse and sanitation. Classes will then resume the following school day. All classes cancelled due to a deep clean closure, will be made up as soon as possible.
Studio Covid-19 Policies
Updated on 05/19/21
- You must wear a mask upon entering the building (Even if you received the Covid-19 Vaccine). Parents are permitted to escort their dancers into the building and to class. However, no one will be allowed to wait/remain in the lobby area during classes. Parents with younger students are encouraged to wait outside or in their cars. If you have a question or would like to make a payment, you can either call the office or ask while you are dropping off your child. Please note that you may be asked to wait outside until the classes are started if you are asking in person.
- The Office Staff will take your temperature; if it is 99.9 degrees or lower you may remain if it is 100.4 degrees or higher you must go home. This applies to all students, parents, staff and faculty and must be done daily.
Everyone (Students, Faculty, & Staff) will be required to fill out our Covid-19 Pre-screening Questionnaire. This must be filled out and signed once a week before your child will be able to attend class. If we do not receive the questionnaire, your child may not be able to participate in class. If you or your child do not feel well or has a temperature, please stay home. We want to ensure that everyone stays as healthy as possible.
Exposure & Travel Information
- As of May 17, 2021, New Jersey’s travel advisory is no longer in effect. New Jersey residents returning home and travellers visiting New Jersey do not need to quarantine but should follow travel guidance from the CDC, the NJ Department of Health, and all local health and safety protocols of their travel destination. At this time, the CDC recommends delaying travel until you are fully vaccinated.
- If your child or someone in your direct family was exposed to Covid-19 please keep your child home, and notify the studio for further instructions. As of 4/5/21, if you choose to get tested, you should wait a minimum of 3 days before being tested. If you receive a negative result, you must be symptom-free for 7 days minimum (starting the day you were exposed to the positive case) before returning to the studio. If you choose not to be tested or testing is unavailable, you must be symptom-free for 10 days minimum (starting the day you were exposed to a positive case of covid-19) before returning to the studio.
- Please note that as per the State, direct exposure is considered if a person is within direct contact for longer than 15 mins within 6 ft distance, within a 24 hr period.
For those who have been fully vaccinated or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 3 months and recovered do not need to quarantine or get tested after exposure. If new symptoms develop after travel, people should follow instructions for what to do if they’re sick.
Fully vaccinated means it has been more than two weeks since you received your second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, or more than two weeks since you received your first and only dose of the Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine. Proof of vaccination may be asked at the discretion of the King Centre.
- If your child is required to quarantine, virtual classes will be provided for the duration of that time. If you chose to opt-out of the virtual classes, your child will be able to make up all the classes missed upon their return (this is only available under operation Plan A). As per our attendance policy, there no are refunds/credits for classes missed.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your class, as we would like to limit the amount of activity in our lobby. If your dancer has a break throughout the day, we have cleared several spaces in each studio where they will be able to do some homework or have a small snack socially distancing.
We will also have a virtual option available via Zoom to students who do not feel comfortable attending class in person or if they have underlining health conditions. Please note, virtual classes are not automatically offered studio wide, and you must pre-register. You can register for virtual classes by emailing the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students must pre-register for all classes before they attend, making it possible for the King Centre to properly adhere to all mandated room capacity safety requirements.
- Private Lesson payments must be made prior to the student taking a private lesson. Please place payment of cash or check in an envelope with the child’s name and amount of payment.
- Wash hands before entering the classroom with the teacher and upon exiting the classroom.
- All faculty and staff will be required to have a face shield or face mask on at all times. As per the state of NJ (as of 5/17/20), all indoor activities are required to wear a mask, therefore all students will be required to wear a mask while attending class. If your child has medical issues and cannot wear a mask, we kindly ask that you bring in a Doctor’s note for us to have on file. If the class requires heavy dancing or movement we will allow the students to drop their mask down during the duration of that exercise but must put it back on afterwards and at all other times.
All Faculty and Staff will be wiping down and sanitizing all areas between every session. Acro teachers will wear gloves to assist with teaching. Acro Mats will be sanitized between each student’s lesson.
- After student’s class/camp/workshop/intensive/private lesson, they will be required to wear a mask when re-entering the lobby and they must wash or sanitize their hands before leaving the building.
- We have HEPA Air Filtration Systems, Ionizers and Medical Grade Air Filters in every room in all three studios (Wanaque, Mahwah, & Butler). There is hand sanitiser in every studio and in the waiting areas. Also, we have installed plexiglass in all reception areas of the buildings.
- There will be a designated area for your child to put their belongings in each studio. Please bring only the necessary items your child will need for class (Dance Shoes, Water Bottle, Etc.).
- Please come dressed and ready to participate for each session (camp, private, intensive, etc.). If your child needs to change they can use the bathroom as a changing room.
All protocols, procedures and guidelines are subject to change as per the CDC & State Regulations. Thank you for your cooperation!
– KC Management