The King Centre is excited and proud to announce our brand new “We Shine” Dance Program! This 12-Week Dance Program is designed for dancers with developmental disabilities, with a variety of dance styles taught. Our teachers will provide a structured, skilled, and nurturing environment where dance is celebrated and is systematically built on students’ experiences and knowledge as they learn new skills.
Our Mission: To provide a foundation of dance skills for children and teens with special abilities, focusing on each dancer’s diverse talents. This class will help each individual develop social skills, confidence, balance, and rhythm through the magic of dance.
Class Information: 12-Week Program (February 27th thru May 22nd).
- Register Online Today via our Parent Portal: Click Here to Register
- Day: Saturday
- Time: 9:30-10:30am
- Location: King Centre’s Butler Studio
- Age Range: 8-18
- Rates: Please see rates below. Registration fees may apply
Class Instructors: Kristi Clave, Sara Bruno & Abby Weiss.
- Kristi teaches the Multiple Disabilities Class for the past 15 years and is West Milford Special Olympics’ head coach. Kristi danced all through her youth years and will be there to assist all dancers in any way they need. Kristi also coaches Special Olympics for Team NJ and Team USA.
- Sara is currently an elementary education teacher in Fairfield, NJ. She graduated with her BA in Family and Child Studies and her teaching certificate for K-6 & students with disabilities. A proud alumni of The American Youth Dance Company, Sara grew up training at The King Centre for the Performing Arts. She is a current teacher of ballet, jazz and tap at the King Centre and is beloved by all of her students.
- Abby Weiss is an avid dancer and has danced with the King Centre for nine years, and is a current member of the Varsity Dance Team in West Milford. Abby has volunteered with the Special Olympics from the time she was in fifth grade but has been a part of the team from the time she was 5.
Class Requirements: Dancers are preferred to have a jazz shoe; accommodations can be made if needed.
|Hours||Full Tuition||3 – Payment Plan|
|1 hr per class||$192.00||$64.00|
If you have any questions or need help registering for a class, please feel free to contact the office.